when to wear tights and when to wear leggings
- First leggings are NOT pants or tights. Although leggings are super comfortable and functional, sometimes they are a little confusing to style. They should not be worn under a dress and are generally not considered professional. So, wear those leggings with long shirts (please cover your derriere) or tunics.
- Tights should be worn with dresses, shorts, or skirts. Because tights are normally at least a little opaque the length of your top should be to your fingertips or longer.
- Please remember this is not yoga class - unless you are going to work out or are working out currently maybe don't wear those leggings with your tennis shoes and sweatshirt.
- Leggings look great with a layered look - a long chambray with a cardigan.
- Accessories tights with socks and ankle boots, flats, or heels
- Tights are best for dressy occasions. For Holiday parties maybe stick to the tights or thinner leggings with heels.
The Brittany Sweatshirt Dress is a perfect top for those leggings...perfect length with pockets! Paired with the France Sweater that is hand knit from banana fiber - yes banana fiber (which feels a lot like linen) and then hand knit by our fair trade partner in Nepal.