how to style tights
Been updating our website this week - apparently the second most viewed page on our site is when to wear tights vs when to wear leggings, so thought I would pass along a few more suggestions for styling tights this season...
- Tights, my friends, are coming back...the bright yellow, cabled grey, and plain old opaque black tights are all back! If you are uncomfortable with bright colored tights, try a pair with a neutral dress, socks and shoes - you might be surprised.
- Tights are all about texture! If you are wearing a knit sweater dress try some opaque tights with it. Throw on some chunky cabled tights with a print dress or maybe some bright red textured tights with a grey t-shirt tunic.
- Try adding socks over your tights. It helps divide your ankle. You can be really funky and wear bright socks with a completely different colored tight, or you can pair grey with grey - even this adds some texture to an outfit.
- Try a pair of tights with shorts.
- Tights + a mini skirt + boots!
- Tights are a great way to mix neutrals in the winter. You wanna pull off navy and black together? Try black tights with a navy dress. Mix shades of grey. Tights are a way to pass off pretty much any mixing of neutrals.
- Finally, tights with the little black dress - always a good idea!