You guys the skirts is back in style this Spring and I'm pretty excited about it! Dresses and jumpsuits are great, but I think my favorite is the skirt - they are a bit more casual and give you endless styling possibilities, so bring on the pencil skirts, full skirts, midi skirts and mini skirts!
A bit too excited about this I know, but here are a few of my favorite ways to style a skirt...
1. Pair a white or black basic T or tank with a pleated, full skirt. Add some basic flats for an easy 1950's, casual vibe.
2. Midi pencil skirt with a denim or chambray button down. You can leave the shirt hanging out, tie it in the front, or tuck it in. This look is perfect with our Delilah Skirt in red or black. An easy way to dress down a pencil skirt or mini skirt is to throw on a pair of sneakers.
3. A mini denim skirt is always a classic. Pair it with any top - stripes, floral, solid, sweater, or a layered combo. The only shoes I don't love with the denim are boots (sorry if you live in the south friend, but cowboy boots with a denim skirt is far too country!). Try some sandals, mules, oxfords, sneakers, or heals.
4. Try an oversized cardigan with a straight midi skirt. The tight skirt is a good contrast to the chunky sweater + warm enough for those not quite summer days. Go watch Dirty Dancing for a little inspo on this one. Our Delancy Sweater is perfect for this combo!
5. I am a big fan of the mini skirt. Pair the mini with more conservative shoes and top for the perfect contrast. One of my favorites is an oversized chambray or striped button up with a mini skirt and oxfords.
6. A gathered, full silk skirt can be dressed up or down so easily. I have worn this with heals and a cropped cashmere sweater to weddings or for everyday errands with a cropped T (A really cute cropped T is here).
7. One of the most best things about skirts is there are endless ways to mix and match prints. Mini polka-dot shirt with a bold floral print. Striped shirt with a mini floral print. Textured ikat mini skirt with a floral button down...a few ideas.
Go have fun styling a skirt or two, and be sure to send me a few pics!