Liz Alig is dedicated to creating clothing that is both fashion forward and ethical. We do this by working with a variety of fair trade producers around the globe and using eco-friendly fabrics including organic cottons, hand woven fibers, and recycled materials.
Our garments are all made from ethical fabrics. Many collections are made with 100% recycled materials. This means these garments had a previous life as a t-shirt or an eighties dress. We take these unwanted and used textiles and completely re-make them into different silhouettes. This form of upcycling production ensures our process starts ethically from the very beginning and in a small way diminishes textile waste.
Whether garments are produced in the United States or abroad, Liz Alig is dedicated to fair trade practices by supporting low income communities and linking the consumer with the producer. As part of this responsibility, a portion of all sales are donated back to developing countries to support the skills training of women.
Here are a few things that we promise to you the consumer, as well as, our producers:
1) Good Working Conditions. We will insure those producing Liz Alig clothing and accessories have good working conditions and good wages.
2) Respect and Sustainability. As part of our desire to cultivate the economy of developing countries, we will seek to encourage their ideas and promote their own business opportunities. We treat our producers with respect while promoting sustainability rather than feeding into a cycle of poverty.
3) Giving back. This includes giving back with skills training, as well as, a portion of our sales that go directly back to producer groups.
4) Fashionable. Fair trade and fashionable are generally not used in the same sentence; however, we do our best to make clothes that are vintage inspired and hip.
5) Communication. Linking the consumer with the producer is an important part of our mission; therefore, we will let you know where and how your garment are made.