At Liz Alig we not only design fun fair trade fashions, but we are dedicated to helping others get involved in the ethical fashion movement. We believe that we call make choices to make our world a more ethical place for those who produce our clothing.
Here are some ideas we have for how you can get involved in the ethical fashion movement...
1) One of the main ways that unethical practices go on in the fashion and clothing industry is that consumers do not know anything about where or how the products they buy are made. You can research companies to find those with goals similar to your own. You can do this through company ratings like on this site.
2) Buy fair trade clothing. The consumer ultimately supports the companies that they buy from, so buy from fair trade companies.
3) Recycle your unwanted textiles. 97% of textiles are recyclable; drop them off at a charity shop or recycling center rather than throwing them away. Click here for more on why you should recycle textiles.
1) Have an idea for us? We would love to hear your design ideas for fair trade and recycled products.
2) Tell someone about Liz Alig and what we are doing.
3) You can always buy Liz Alig products! Find a store here or shop online.
4) Like us Facebook and tell your friends to do the same.
5) Host a Liz Alig trunk show. Contact us for more information.