You all probably remember that white Easter hat hidden in your closet
growing up, for only one Sunday a year. Thankfully most of us don't
have a white hat we wear on Easter, but generally you sill have to have
somewhat of an Easter look.
Here are a few tips to finding the perfect Easter dress...
- It must be pastel - obviously
- Easter is your one chance to be unapologetically floral, so even if your dress isn't a floral print, add something floral...a cardigan, a necklace, cute floral socks, or yes - a headpiece.
- Even though it's probably not warm enough to wear that super lightweight dress, it is kind of an unwritten rule that your Easter dress needs to be lightweight...so layer with a cardigan or my favorite trick layer a couple of cardis.
- I don't usually feel comfortable wearing any sort of hat, but friends, Easter - apart from the Kentucky Derby - is the best time to pull off any sort of hat, headpiece, or even flower in your hair.
- I think most important of all is to mention, you don't have to be uncomfortable on Easter! Find a dress with pockets, pick on easy fit dress, or even a knit t-shirt dress. You will look better if your are comfortable!
This weekend take an extra 35% off ALL our dresses with coupon code EASTER17 - also order before Tuesday at midnight and we will be sure to get it to you in time for Easter!
A few years ago I had the opportunity to work with an amazing organization called Made in the Streets in Nairobi, Kenya. Their goal is to help teens get off the streets of Nairobi by giving them an education and skills so they can get a job. Some of their programs include a salon, tailoring [...]
As we approach the end of Fashion Revolution Week in remembering the horrible Rana Plaza factory collapse three years ago, I have been thinking a lot about what a fashion revolution would mean. The movement asks us to question clothing companies about who makes their clothes. This is why I started Liz Alig, after getting [...]
Lisbeth Cardigan, Tie Skirt, Pieced Leggings, and Checkered CuffJenelle Dress, Legwarmers, Calabash Earrings, Checkered CuffIt is still amazing to me that people I don't even know or have never met are such huge supporters of Liz Alig! I am so thankful for all the loyal customers, brand reps, interns, stores, producers and friends who believe [...]
I had the pleasure of going back to Haiti for the third Summer in a row to work with a small group in the middle of the plateau. The group we work with, called Nou Hope, is in the middle of nowhere. It is like going back 100 years - they have no electricity, no [...]
Our partners in Nepal who hand weave and knit beautiful sweaters from cotton, silk, wool, and banana fiber are getting back to normal after the earthquake that hit several months ago. Their facility in Kathmandu had minor damage; however many of the producers who work from their own homes in rural Nepal have been damaged. [...]
Need a fresh look this Easter? Look no further - we've put together some outfits that are sure to match your sunny disposition this Sunday. The best part? We've combined our own dresses with some stylish Fair Trade accessories. If you order a dress by Wednesday, it will be shipped to you by Saturday. :)Links:a. http://www.lizalig.com/socheta-scarf-dusty-rose/b. http://www.lizalig.com/calabash-earings/c. http://www.tenthousandvillages.com/bracelets-and-a...d. http://www.lizalig.com/lucy-dress/e. http://threadsworldwide.com/sattal-clutch.htmlf. http://www.panamas.co.uk/hats/women/margarita-lemo...g. http://www.lizalig.com/lacy-dress/h. http://www.tenthousandvillages.com/necklaces/dangl...i. http://www.serrv.org/product/seaside-stripe-tote/h...j. http://www.tenthousandvillages.com/earrings/copper...k. http://www.panamas.co.uk/hats/women/sea-urchin-lag...l. https://www.oliberte.com/shoes/mbozi/tan-nubuck/m. http://www.lizalig.com/isabella-dress/n. http://www.tenthousandvillages.com/earrings/paper-...o. http://threadsworldwide.com/tunga-necklace.html
We love the story behind our new Holyn Shirt coming this Spring!This t-shirt was printed by Jonathan from Honduras. Last year Jonathan was among an estimated 100,000 kids and teens from Central America illegally trying to cross into the States. Most of these children were sent by their parents to get out of [...]