Here are a few easy ways to refresh your summer wardrobe this year...
- Because denim is so popular right now you really can't go wrong wearing any kind of denim - giving you the chance to try out a style of denim you wouldn't normally wear. Try some high waisted jeans, flared jeans, capris, denim on denim. We have several new pieces made from recycled denim, the Juli Dress below is one of our favorites. Check out the whole collection here.
- Buy a white T! 90's looks are back and adding a white T to any outfit is an easy way to update your style. We have a pretty good one right here if I do say so myself.
- Bring back the floral dress. I am guessing you have a floral dress from a few years ago still in your closet, it's time to bring that back out. The lighter and flowier the fabric the better.
- Bring out the check and gingham too.
- Go buy a jumpsuit! I know, I know - you don't think it will work for you because of x,y, or z, but being a big fan of the jumpsuit before they became popular, I have heard ALL the excuses. The search for the right jumpsuit might be similar to finding the right boyfriend/husband, but I'm telling you it's worth it! Go try on at least 10 different jumpsuits until you give up on them. The right jumpsuit will transform your life - they are super comfortable and easy to wear - here is my favorite : )
- Lastly, if your out shopping pick up a matching set outfit...these are really popular right now plus you can wear it together or mix and match with different pieces. This summer we have a striped shorts and tank style that I am in love with - check out the Jessy Shorts and Top here.
Over the past several years fair trade has become synonymous with empowering women in developing countries. If you have ever read Half the Sky (which you should if you haven't), you understand how giving women the ability to empower themselves is one of the best ways to help whole societies out of poverty. There is nothing [...]
Not sure if you all have heard, but the 90's style is back! It's been a while, so here is a little refresher of a few things that work again... Denim everything! Denim skirts, denim dresses, denim pants, you get the picture. Layer with a white t-shirt - better yet layer a spaghetti strap floral [...]
I just had the opportunity to travel back to Vienna where I studied for several months in college. My time back in this place reminded me what it taught me. While I traveled by miles and miles of alps, ate a million carbs a day, and discovered how to get lost in a new place—I [...]
This weeks marks the four year anniversary of the factory collapse in Bangladesh that killed over a thousand people. While I don't talk very often about the reasons I started a fair trade clothing line - I do think it is important for us to think about the impact our purchases have on the world [...]
You all probably remember that white Easter hat hidden in your closet growing up, for only one Sunday a year. Thankfully most of us don't have a white hat we wear on Easter, but generally you sill have to have somewhat of an Easter look. Here are a few tips to finding the perfect Easter [...]
A few years ago I had the opportunity to work with an amazing organization called Made in the Streets in Nairobi, Kenya. Their goal is to help teens get off the streets of Nairobi by giving them an education and skills so they can get a job. Some of their programs include a salon, tailoring [...]
As we approach the end of Fashion Revolution Week in remembering the horrible Rana Plaza factory collapse three years ago, I have been thinking a lot about what a fashion revolution would mean. The movement asks us to question clothing companies about who makes their clothes. This is why I started Liz Alig, after getting [...]