Here are a few easy ways to refresh your summer wardrobe this year...
- Because denim is so popular right now you really can't go wrong wearing any kind of denim - giving you the chance to try out a style of denim you wouldn't normally wear. Try some high waisted jeans, flared jeans, capris, denim on denim. We have several new pieces made from recycled denim, the Juli Dress below is one of our favorites. Check out the whole collection here.
- Buy a white T! 90's looks are back and adding a white T to any outfit is an easy way to update your style. We have a pretty good one right here if I do say so myself.
- Bring back the floral dress. I am guessing you have a floral dress from a few years ago still in your closet, it's time to bring that back out. The lighter and flowier the fabric the better.
- Bring out the check and gingham too.
- Go buy a jumpsuit! I know, I know - you don't think it will work for you because of x,y, or z, but being a big fan of the jumpsuit before they became popular, I have heard ALL the excuses. The search for the right jumpsuit might be similar to finding the right boyfriend/husband, but I'm telling you it's worth it! Go try on at least 10 different jumpsuits until you give up on them. The right jumpsuit will transform your life - they are super comfortable and easy to wear - here is my favorite : )
- Lastly, if your out shopping pick up a matching set outfit...these are really popular right now plus you can wear it together or mix and match with different pieces. This summer we have a striped shorts and tank style that I am in love with - check out the Jessy Shorts and Top here.
If where you live is anything like Indiana right now - it is 90 degrees on the first day of Fall! The bipolar weather makes it a little difficult to know how to dress in the morning...here are a few tips to extend the life of your Summer clothing while being prepared for any [...]
I just had the opportunity to travel back to Vienna where I studied for several months in college. My time back in this place reminded me what it taught me. While I traveled by miles and miles of alps, ate a million carbs a day, and discovered how to get lost in a new place—I [...]
This weeks marks the four year anniversary of the factory collapse in Bangladesh that killed over a thousand people. While I don't talk very often about the reasons I started a fair trade clothing line - I do think it is important for us to think about the impact our purchases have on the world [...]
The holiday season is quickly approaching and with the holidays being hectic, it is often hard to find something comfortable and affordable to wear. We have put together the top five fair trade styles for you this holiday season. Liz Alig offers fashion forward, effortless style clothing that helps women in other countries have hope and a meaningful job. Buy [...]
By now, we have all heard of sustainability, fair trade, and fast fashion; but do we really know what these buzz words mean to the makers of our clothes? There are many documentaries out now providing stories about the garment workers and the conditions they work in, what they are working towards, and how we [...]
As we approach the end of Fashion Revolution Week in remembering the horrible Rana Plaza factory collapse three years ago, I have been thinking a lot about what a fashion revolution would mean. The movement asks us to question clothing companies about who makes their clothes. This is why I started Liz Alig, after getting [...]
Lisbeth Cardigan, Tie Skirt, Pieced Leggings, and Checkered CuffJenelle Dress, Legwarmers, Calabash Earrings, Checkered CuffIt is still amazing to me that people I don't even know or have never met are such huge supporters of Liz Alig! I am so thankful for all the loyal customers, brand reps, interns, stores, producers and friends who believe [...]