You all probably remember that white Easter hat hidden in your closet
growing up, for only one Sunday a year. Thankfully most of us don't
have a white hat we wear on Easter, but generally you sill have to have
somewhat of an Easter look.
Here are a few tips to finding the perfect Easter dress...
- It must be pastel - obviously
- Easter is your one chance to be unapologetically floral, so even if your dress isn't a floral print, add something floral...a cardigan, a necklace, cute floral socks, or yes - a headpiece.
- Even though it's probably not warm enough to wear that super lightweight dress, it is kind of an unwritten rule that your Easter dress needs to be lightweight...so layer with a cardigan or my favorite trick layer a couple of cardis.
- I don't usually feel comfortable wearing any sort of hat, but friends, Easter - apart from the Kentucky Derby - is the best time to pull off any sort of hat, headpiece, or even flower in your hair.
- I think most important of all is to mention, you don't have to be uncomfortable on Easter! Find a dress with pockets, pick on easy fit dress, or even a knit t-shirt dress. You will look better if your are comfortable!
This weekend take an extra 35% off ALL our dresses with coupon code EASTER17 - also order before Tuesday at midnight and we will be sure to get it to you in time for Easter!
Every wonder how to master the art of layering?I love these spring days, but sometimes I have a little trouble deciding what to wear when it's 40 degrees, but going to be 65 and then rain...or in Indiana maybe even snow! So I throw on a lot of layers.Layering is definitely an art, but [...]
The holiday season is quickly approaching and with the holidays being hectic, it is often hard to find something comfortable and affordable to wear. We have put together the top five fair trade styles for you this holiday season. Liz Alig offers fashion forward, effortless style clothing that helps women in other countries have hope and a meaningful job. Buy [...]
The Devil is in the Details- A behind the scenes look into the production process of fair trade fashion -When talking about fair trade fashion words, the most common words said are ethical standards, empowerment, artisans, sustainable, etc.… which are all fair (pun intended) and good, however do we really know what these words even mean? Do we really [...]
By now, we have all heard of sustainability, fair trade, and fast fashion; but do we really know what these buzz words mean to the makers of our clothes? There are many documentaries out now providing stories about the garment workers and the conditions they work in, what they are working towards, and how we [...]
SPOTLIGHT - Sustainable Shoe Brands Fair Trade and sustainable products are on the rise and although sustainable clothing brands can be easy to find, there are not many shoe brands that have hit the surface. To make it easier, we have researched and compiled a list of the top sustainable shoe brands around the world. Not [...]
Sustainability and social responsibility are finally being recognized as necessities by a lot of people and brands, and now celebrities are joining the cause as well! Whether they are wearing eco-friendly pieces on the red carpet or creating brands that do good, they are making a difference with their fan bases behind them and being inspired by them. [...]
You’ve bought the perfect outfit, and not only is the outfit beautiful on you but you feel amazing in...AND it was ethically made with fair trade practices. You may start to wonder how to make sure your beauty products are as ethically made as your garments. Researching each and every beauty product out there [...]