Here are a few easy ways to refresh your summer wardrobe this year...
- Because denim is so popular right now you really can't go wrong wearing any kind of denim - giving you the chance to try out a style of denim you wouldn't normally wear. Try some high waisted jeans, flared jeans, capris, denim on denim. We have several new pieces made from recycled denim, the Juli Dress below is one of our favorites. Check out the whole collection here.
- Buy a white T! 90's looks are back and adding a white T to any outfit is an easy way to update your style. We have a pretty good one right here if I do say so myself.
- Bring back the floral dress. I am guessing you have a floral dress from a few years ago still in your closet, it's time to bring that back out. The lighter and flowier the fabric the better.
- Bring out the check and gingham too.
- Go buy a jumpsuit! I know, I know - you don't think it will work for you because of x,y, or z, but being a big fan of the jumpsuit before they became popular, I have heard ALL the excuses. The search for the right jumpsuit might be similar to finding the right boyfriend/husband, but I'm telling you it's worth it! Go try on at least 10 different jumpsuits until you give up on them. The right jumpsuit will transform your life - they are super comfortable and easy to wear - here is my favorite : )
- Lastly, if your out shopping pick up a matching set outfit...these are really popular right now plus you can wear it together or mix and match with different pieces. This summer we have a striped shorts and tank style that I am in love with - check out the Jessy Shorts and Top here.
Over the past several years fair trade has become synonymous with empowering women in developing countries. If you have ever read Half the Sky (which you should if you haven't), you understand how giving women the ability to empower themselves is one of the best ways to help whole societies out of poverty. There is nothing [...]
Not sure if you all have heard, but the 90's style is back! It's been a while, so here is a little refresher of a few things that work again... Denim everything! Denim skirts, denim dresses, denim pants, you get the picture. Layer with a white t-shirt - better yet layer a spaghetti strap floral [...]
Last year I went to Mexico with my old boss, now friend, who has been going back and forth to Mexico for decades designing lace debutante dresses. Together we went to the charming—slightly hippy town of Tepoztlan, Mexico, to stay with her friend who just so happened to be the woman who designed the poodle skirt...yes [...]
1. Leather Tote handmade in Vietnam from re-purposed leather. $130 2. Handmade brass Leaf Necklace from India is only $14...we also have matching earrings if you want a set. 3. Super soft alpaca Fingerless Gloves (with a flap to make them mittens). $42 4. Handwarmers made by a women's cooperative in the [...]
I have been moving a lot recently, so in honor of October being Fair Trade Month - and because I really did not want to move my massive wardrobe again - I decided to wear only Liz Alig clothing for a month! For someone who has their own clothing line, I don't really wear my [...]
If where you live is anything like Indiana right now - it is 90 degrees on the first day of Fall! The bipolar weather makes it a little difficult to know how to dress in the morning...here are a few tips to extend the life of your Summer clothing while being prepared for any [...]
I just had the opportunity to travel back to Vienna where I studied for several months in college. My time back in this place reminded me what it taught me. While I traveled by miles and miles of alps, ate a million carbs a day, and discovered how to get lost in a new place—I [...]
You probably have that friend who always seems to pull off the vintage look so well that you take one look at them and think to yourself, "That's cute but I could never pull that off."Well friends, roll up your sleeves and don't be afraid to dig in to your local thrift store. After all, [...]